- April 1st, 2012
- Posted in
Due to recent issues within the game we are posting the following information for all players of World of Pirates.A few players have stated that they do not need to stop exploiting game features because it is not in the Terms of Service (ToS) however it is, please see #15 below under “The Rules Are”. These people have further stated that because each type of cheat, bug and/or exploit is not listed it doesn’t count. It would be impossible to list each and every possible bug, cheat and or exploit as new ones are brought to our attention quite often. Further more it would be VERY foolish to list these cheats & exploits then everyone would know of their existence. There is NO game on the internet whose ToS includes a full list of bugs, cheats & exploits. When you have been told to stop doing something because it is against the rules then you need to stop doing it and stop arguing.
Because players have continued to abuse the transits by fencing, ghosting and sinking them we will begin major bans for this offense beginning immediately. We have informed many players but they have refused to stop:-(
Please read the entire ToS as many sections have been updated. You agree to these terms each time you log in. If you do not agree to play within the ToS you are not allowed to play World of Pirates. Our ToS is fairly simple when compared to many other MMO’s Terms of Service.
Terms of Registration and Service for World of Pirates
1. Subject-matter of Conditions
The following requirements implicate the use of the online game "World of Pirates" (WOP). It can be played exclusively on a PC with access to the internet by a telephone connection, ISDN, DSL or equivalent interface. These terms do not regulate questions about the arrangement of the connections, as well as the connection to WOP and the software of others (browser, access-software).
A registration is required in order to play WOP. The following terms are the terms of registration, the rules for the registration process and the usage of the player account. They are part of the usage contract, which will be concluded with the registration. These terms have to be accepted in order to use WOP.
2. Prerequisites for the Registration
You have to be at least 18 years of age. If that is not the case you must be a minimum of 16 years of age and your parents or legal guardian must give their consent to the registration. You must have a valid Pay Pal account if you desire to purchase items from the World of Pirates store.
3. Circumference of Service
The management of the online game WOP is represented by the WopMgtTeam, are leaving the online game WOP to you for usage. WOP encloses the client game software as well as the necessary installation/reinstallation and client adjustment software.
4. Free account
All costs that arise from your initial connection to the internet and internet providers (i.e. T-Online, AOL etc.) will have to be covered by the user. This applies during both the free playing time and the subscription play time.
After registering you will receive a free account from World of Pirates! The only cost which might incur are non game related, like the cost of your internet connection. Any costs are your responsibility.
5. Client Game Software
The user has the opportunity to play the game WOP with the WOP game software within the existing technical and operational bounds. The current system requirements can be extracted from the website of WOP (http://www.worldofpirates.net).
The copyright as well as derived rights on the available software and also illustrative, textual, audiovisual and other contents remain with the respective creator.
It is allowed to copy and to pass to others the WOP-client software. The client software is without charge and is not allowed to be sold commercially without the explicit written agreement of the WopMgtTeam.
5.3 Limited Guarantee
The WopMgtTeam gives no guarantee, neither assertively nor implicitly, for the correctness, completeness, intactness, saleability and the suitability for a particular purpose of the WOP-game software. This exclusion of guarantee also relates to the correct exchange of data between products or applications of others.
Furthermore, it is clear that from present state of technical skills it is not possible to create error less software. For this reason it must be assumed that WOP is not in any respect error less working software.The WopMgtTeam also gives no assurance of the possibility to play the game at any time. It is possible, that the game server is being shut off because of adjustments, improvements or other failures. There can be no compensations promised for the times in which the game can not be played because of server downfalls.
The WopMgtTeam retains the right to discontinue WOP any time. Claims for continuation of the product are nonexistent.
5.4 System Requirements
The least possible system requirements must be kept to participate on the game WOP. These requirements can change with the publication of new client software versions. These changes will be published on the WOP-website.
– x86-compatible CPU from 700 MHz
– 512 MB RAM or more
– DirectX-compatible graphic adapter with at least 16 MB RAM and Direct3D support (Voodoo3 and older Voodoo cards and also TNT1- and older cards are not supported)
– DirectX-compatible sound card- DirectX-compatible mouse keyboard
– DirectX 8 or higher- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
– dial up or high speed internet access
6. Obligations and Incumbencies of the User
The user agrees not to insert textual and/or illustrative content in WOP which contains or alludes to illegal or immoral content and also not to transmit information with intent to harass another player(s). It is prohibited to imply any form of racial hate and/or glorify violence. Also information which could endanger/harm children or teenagers in any way is strictly prohibited. This is also true for information which hint or allude to such matters. Likewise, it is forbidden to insert commercials for products or programs of others or creations of others which are protected in unauthorized manner by copyright or by other rights.
The user is obliged not to use software which is established by others or programmed by the user himself (inclusive macro, cheat or hack programs) in order to modify WOP. This also contains the communication between the WOP client and WOP server. The user is also obliged to inform the WopMgtTeam immediately about program faults and similar problems. The WopMgtTeam is entitled to undo changes of game data in own estimation resp. To assimilate game data to the current state.
Users, who attract attention on the game server through improper behavior or unfair game play against other players, can be deprived of the right of use without notice. There is no right of compensation in any way.
The WopMgtTeam may deploy or provide patches, updates and modifications to the game that must be installed for the user to continue to play the game. The WopMgtTeam may update the game remotely, including without limitation the game client residing on the user’s machine, without the knowledge or consent of the user, and you hereby grant to the WopMgtTeam your consent to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications to the Game. Modifications to the game which are required to play WOP will not cause new costs except of your own internet connection when downloading the patches or updates.
It is not allowed to barter active accounts or to give such accounts to other players. It is also not allowed to sell the account. Accounts which were bartered, given away or sold can be banned without a warning. The WopMgtTeam reserves the right to request the owner of an active account to reactivate his account sometimes.
7. Rejecting and Canceling Player Accounts
The personal information that you submit in the registration process must be valid. If the information is not valid or cannot be proven or authenticated the registration can be rejected and the free playing time nullified.
Your player account and your subscription can immediately be frozen or cancelled (Remaining free playing time, subscription time and all game items purchased by you are lost in the process):- In the case of offenses against the Terms of Service. A warning is not required.- In the case of offenses against the WOP Rules of Conduct. A warning is not required.- In the case of offenses against the WOP Forum ToS. A warning is not required.- Extraordinary cancellations will be handled by email via the email address you provided. Your account can be banned immediately. For banning your account the WopMgtTeam is authorized to bill a fee of 45,00 Euros.
8. Liability Limitations, disclaimer
The WopMgtTeam is not liable for the damages which arise from the use of the WOP-game software. Working and Computer downfalls, failures, function faults and all financial losses or damages belong to the user. Moreover, the WopMgtTeam is not liable for data loss or damage, which is saved on game servers and on game servers of providers (for example Web hosts and ISP). Damages because of server downfalls, interruptions of connection, attacks of viruses or negligent handling by the WopMgtTeam and/or their partners . The WopMgtTeam is not liable for the actions of the users of the game WOP. Also, the loss of data (especially of your login data) does not give you the right to cancel the contract without notice nor warrant the refund of already paid subscription fees.
9. Data Privacy
The WopMgtTeam will handle all data subsequent to the strict rights of "Bundesdatenschutzgesetz". There will be only data imposed, which is necessary for use of the game WOP. This data is being saved and used by the WopMgtTeam in a databases which is used by the WopMgtTeam or by it’s providers (for example Web hosts and ISPs). Personal data is not shared with others. You hereby agree to have your personal data stored within your game account on the WOP game servers.
Comments by users on the WOP-website/forums are not the opinions of WopMgtTeam and represent only the personal opinions of the respective user. The WopMgtTeam is in no way responsible for this content.For the contractual relations of the partners the German right is valid. The use of the UN-right of selling excluded. The venue is Leipzig.
11. Salvadorian Clause
Should individual clauses of the Terms of Registration prove to be inoperative or cannot be enforced the effectiveness of the agreement as a whole is unaffected. The effectless clause will be replaced with a clause that is close to the cause of the previous clause.
Actual Version: 06.12.2007
Updated April 16, 2011
Updated November 1, 2013
For questions please write to:
Game Rules for World of Pirates
While you are a member of the WOP community, you must abide by the following game rules:
(IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR WOP ACCOUNT AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE WOP MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY THE WopMgtTeam. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE WOP; OR ANY AMOUNTS SPENT IN THE WORLD OF PIRATES STORE, DONATIONS ETC. AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME. PLEASE SEE ALSO OUR GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.)
The WopMgtTeam is made up of the original developer of the game WOP; Uwe Mattner and includes the managing bodies and administrators; Julie Brock and Steve Cass (The right of change is reserved).
THE RULES ARE:
1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player. The user agrees not to insert textual and/or illustrative content in WOP which contains or alludes to illegal or immoral content and also not to transmit information with intent to harass another player(s). It is prohibited to imply any form of racial hate and/or glorify violence. Also information which could endanger/harm children or teenagers in any way is strictly prohibited.
***(*Threats of real-life violence or real life harassment, stalking, etc. will result in a permanent account ban and will be reported to your local police.)
***Comments/coversations which allude to such matters as (desiring) sex with children or child slavery will result in a permanent account ban and will be reported to your local police.)
2) Generally, you may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language. This includes profanities."offensive" is determined by the WopMgtTeam.
3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.
4) You may not impersonate any WOP customer, support representative or other member of the WopMgtTeam without authorization. An authorization takes place exclusively by the WopMgtTeam and is in writing.
5) You may not market, promote or advertise anything or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) in WOP or through the WOP Web Site or the WOP forums.
6) You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
7) You may not modify any part of WOP or of the WOP Web Site.
8) You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are in WOP or on the WOP Web Site, or use WOP or the WOP Web Site for any other illegal purpose. This includes the WOP forums.
9) You may not use character names or organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy, as long as they are related to races, religions, ethnic groups or other subjects which exist in reality.
10) You may not use WOP or the WOP Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.
11) You may not post or communicate any player’s real world personal information in WOP or through the WOP Web Site or bulletin board/forums.
12) You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information, such as email address or billing information, which is required at the time you register for WOP. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the website located at http://www.worldofpirates.net
13) You will not upload or transmit into WOP, or through the WOP Web Site or bulletin board, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.
14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running WOP.
15) You will not exploit any bug or abuse a feature in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of WOP.
16) You will not attempt to play WOP on any service that is not controlled or authorized by the WopMgtTeam.
17) You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where WOP may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to WOP without the express written permission of the WopMgtTeam.
18) You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other WOP users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of the WopMgtTeam in maintaining WOP for the enjoyment of all its users.
19) There are other situations that are not expressly conveyed within this list of rules that will be dealt with as they arise. Because we can not possibly cover every possible infraction a player can make we reserve the right to permanently ban any account for any reason. The WopMgtTeam does not prefer to ban players but in some situations we are left with no possible choice.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.OR A MINIMUM OF 16 YEARS OF AGE WITH WRITTEN PARENTAL CONSENT.
IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE WOP A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, THE WopMgtTeam MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD. THERE IS NO CLAIM TO REPLACE LOST ITEMS, MONEY OR SKILLS.
THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE WOP WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT THE WopMgtTeam MAY HAVE MADE.
Actual Version: 30.11.2007
Updated January 24, 2011
Updated April 16, 2011
Updated November 5, 2011
Updated March 9, 2012
Updated November 1, 2013